This season at Bridal Fashion Week, make up artist and hairstylist were asked what their best kept beauty secrets just for wedding day makeup. Here are a few tips.
- Use a setting powder one shade darker than your skin. Many brides use a powder that is too light for their skin. Using a darker one will just give you a bit of extra color says makeup artist Vivian Martin at Clair Pettibone.
- Pale pink isn't only for nails. Pick a shade that matches your personality. Failsafe, feminine options are shades of pink and blush. If your dress has red in it, wear red says manicurist Julie Kandalec at Neema Khan.
- An updo is a foolproof way to look regal on your big day. "Wearing your hair up exudes confidence and last a long time, too" says hairstylist Joseph DiMaggio at Neema Khan.
- Let your dress be the focal point of your look. "You spend so much time finding the perfect gown, so you don't want your makeup to overshadow it" says makeup artist Daniel Martin at Neema Khan. You can have a bold look but be sure not to take the focus of YOU.
- Focus on making your skin look perfect. "You don't want to look like you're wearing a full face of makeup.." says makeup artist Talia Sparrow at Jenny Packham. Focus on your skin. Make it look very fresh and clean.
For more tips and trips from makeup artist and hairstylist from Bridal Fashion Week. Click here!